You don't have to know how to cook in order to cook

If I had waited till I knew what I was doing before I tried cooking something, I'd have been even skinnier than the 80's expected me to be. As it was, I had a penchant for eating, not much in the way of money and a never dwindling case of the munchies that led me (and my friends) to eat - well, nearly anything really.
Thus began my journey of trial and error.
These days I'm a fuller figure than way back then, and the munchies come from prescription medication. Although money doesn't have the driving influence of the heady days of poverty-induced vegetarianism, I can find myself still cooking up a lentil meal just because I like it.

There was nothing like being desperate for a pancake at 11pm at night to help you figure out what you can substitute for eggs, milk and sometimes even flour...

Monday 3 June 2013

But I'm Still Hungry: ORANGE ALMOND SYRUP PUDDINGS

But I'm Still Hungry: ORANGE ALMOND SYRUP PUDDINGS: It's Winter.  Oranges abound.  Let's use up the glut deliciously. Plus, I have a very special friend visiting this afternoon.  She...

No comments:

Post a Comment